The Army Wellness Center (AWC) is a comprehensive health and wellness program that provides military personnel and their families with resources and services to support their physical and mental well-being. The AWCs are designed to help individuals reach their health and wellness goals through education, coaching, and support. Let’s take a closer look at what the AWC has to offer.
What is the Army Wellness Center?
The AWC is an actionable resource for military personnel and their families. It is staffed with trained health and human performance professionals who provide personalized services to help individuals achieve their health and wellness goals. The AWCs offer a wide range of services, including health assessments, nutrition coaching, physical fitness programs, stress management strategies, and sleep coaching.
Who can use the Army Wellness Center?
All active-duty military personnel, retirees, and their families are eligible to use the AWCs. The services are also available to Department of Defense (DoD) civilians and contractors who work on military installations. The AWC is committed to supporting the health and wellness of military personnel and their families, as well as promoting a culture of health and wellness within the military community.
What services are provided by the Army Wellness Center?
The AWCs offer a variety of services to help individuals achieve their health and wellness goals. These services include:
- Health Assessments: The AWC provides comprehensive health assessments that include a review of medical history, physical examination, blood tests, and other health indicators. These assessments help individuals identify areas where they can improve their health and wellness.
- Nutrition Coaching: AWC nutrition coaches provide guidance and support to help individuals develop healthy eating habits. They can help individuals create a personalized nutrition plan, set achievable goals, and provide ongoing support to help individuals maintain a healthy diet.
- Physical Fitness Programs: AWCs offer a variety of physical fitness programs, including group fitness classes, personal training, and sports-specific training. These programs are designed to help individuals improve their physical fitness and achieve their fitness goals.
- Stress Management Strategies: The AWC offers a range of stress management strategies to help individuals reduce stress and improve their overall well-being. These strategies may include mindfulness meditation, relaxation techniques, and stress-reducing exercises.
- Sleep Coaching: AWC sleep coaches can help individuals improve their sleep habits and get better quality sleep. They can provide guidance on sleep hygiene, relaxation techniques, and other strategies to improve sleep quality.
Why use the Army Wellness Center?
The AWC offers a unique set of resources and services that are tailored to the needs of military personnel and their families. The AWC provides a safe and supportive environment where individuals can access personalized health and wellness services to achieve their goals. The AWC staff is trained to work with military personnel and understands the unique challenges that they face.
In addition, the AWC offers a range of evidence-based services that have been shown to improve health outcomes. By using the AWC, individuals can access a comprehensive set of resources and services that can help them improve their health and well-being.
The Army Wellness Center is an invaluable resource for military personnel and their families. It offers a wide range of services and resources to support the physical and mental well-being of military personnel and promote a culture of health and wellness within the military community. If you are a military personnel or a family member of a military personnel, consider visiting an AWC to see how they can support your health and wellness goals.