If you’re a fan of Panera Bread, you’re not alone. The popular chain has become a go-to spot for many looking for a quick and healthy meal on the go. However, it can be tough to make healthy choices when faced with an extensive menu. That’s why it’s essential to understand the nutritional value of the food you’re ordering. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Panera Bread nutrition, including tips for making healthier choices.
Introduction to Panera Bread Nutrition
Panera Bread is a bakery-cafe chain that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The menu includes sandwiches, salads, soups, and pastries, among other items. The chain prides itself on serving food made with high-quality ingredients, including fresh vegetables and whole grains. However, not all menu items are created equal when it comes to nutrition.
Panera Bread Nutrition Facts
Panera Bread provides nutrition information for all of its menu items. You can find this information on the chain’s website or in its restaurants. The information includes the number of calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, and other nutrients in each item.
Tips for Making Healthy Choices
While Panera Bread offers many healthy options, it’s easy to fall into the trap of ordering something high in calories and fat. Here are some tips for making healthier choices:
- Choose whole-grain bread: When ordering a sandwich, choose whole-grain bread instead of white bread. Whole-grain bread is higher in fiber and more filling than white bread.
- Watch the portion sizes: Some of the menu items, like the mac and cheese, are high in calories and fat. If you want to indulge, consider splitting the dish with someone else or ordering a smaller portion.
- Choose lean protein: When ordering a sandwich or salad, choose lean protein sources like chicken or turkey. Avoid high-fat meats like bacon and sausage.
- Add vegetables: Many of the menu items come with vegetables, but you can also add additional vegetables to your sandwich or salad for extra nutrition.
- Avoid sugary drinks: While Panera Bread offers a variety of drinks, many of them are high in sugar. Stick to water, unsweetened tea, or black coffee.
Overall, Panera Bread can be a great choice for those looking for a healthy meal on the go. By understanding the nutritional value of the menu items and making smart choices, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal at this popular chain.